Why Visit the Dentist Regularly?
Visiting a dentist for regular checkups and dental cleanings can help prevent many dental problems as well as to help you maintain optimal oral health. Prevention is always better than treatment. Also, effective prevention can help you to avoid costly dental treatment necessary to remove decay, restore teeth and treat gum disease.
At regular exams, your dentist:
• Examines your teeth and gums to ensure they are in good shape
• Can spot serious health problems early, when they can be treated successfully
• Demonstrates how to brush and floss your teeth properly
• Professionally cleans your teeth and removes any debris which will contribute to cavities and gum disease
There are different ways to brush your teeth. Talk to your dentist about the best technique for you. Remember to:
• Brush at least twice a day
• Brush every exposed tooth surface
• Use a gentle, massaging motion
• Brush for two to three minutes
• Use a soft-bristle toothbrush
• Avoid brushing too hard
• Change your toothbrush every three months
• Never share your toothbrush or use someone else’s toothbrush
Flossing cleans between your teeth and below the gum line, areas that your toothbrush can’t reach. If you don’t floss, up to 35% of your tooth surface is not cleaned. It’s recommended that you floss at least once a day.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *